Oakleafe Claims - Logo
Oakleafe Claims



Guide to making a domestic insurance claim.


Guide to making a commercial insurance claim.

A Loss Assessor usually obtains up to 40% more than you would by handling the claim yourself.

claims process

If you've suffered a fire, flood, impact damage or escape of water in your home or business, then do the following:

Mitigate The Damage

Take advantage of any reasonable opportunity you have under the circumstances to reduce or minimize additional loss or damage.

Remember: You are legally responsible for ensuring there is no danger to the public or anyone entering the property

Notify Brokers and Call Oakleafe Claims 24 Hour Helpline

0333 2101 999

Oakleafe will help you and handle the next steps with the insurance company for the entire claim process. Oakleafe will liaise with you and assist with any help that is needed. The sooner you call the more of the burden we can take away.

Notify your insurance company

You need to tell them immediately. Many will have a special emergency number that you can call 24 hours every day throughout the year.

The insurance company will appoint a loss adjuster: they work on behalf of the insurer and will handle all the investigations and negotiations. The loss adjuster will assess the damage as well as asking you pertinent and searching questions about your loss: for example, was the property occupied at the time; who was living there; your claims history. Depending on the size and circumstances of your claim, the loss adjuster may instruct a forensic scientist to investigate the cause of the incident.

You may be experienced in negotiating but are you an expert in insurance claims.
Would you go before a court without a lawyeR...

why oakleafe claims

As fully qualified and professional Insurance Loss Assessors, we have handled many diverse claims on an individual and personal level where attention to detail is vital. In some of our case studies, we outline what the incident was and how we were able to tackle the issue and get everything the policyholder is entitled to.



If you have been declined whilst trying to claim on your domestic or commercial insurance, we can help. We can also help with professional services, for example, Brokers, VAR Valuations and Managing Agents.